Social Media Club South Florida will address a topic very near and dear to my heart: Social Media in Education. We have a fantastic panel and a (ahem) great moderator. Please try and make it out this week. Here’s a link to the Eventbrite invite (admission, as always, is free) and here’s a link to the Social Media Club South Florida page.
The March meeting of
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Johnson and Wales University, 1701 NE 127th St. N. Miami
This month’s meetup will explore the opportunities and challenges educational institutions face in terms of social media:
– How to use social media to reach and keep in touch with alumni?
– How to reach out to potential new students and their parents?
– How to integrate social media for classroom learning?
– How to teach about social media use and safety to students … and parents?
– What about cyberbullying, sexting, and other pitfalls of online communication?
– What about crisis communications (crime alerts, etc.) using social media?
– How to use social media for marketing and community relations?
– Should educational institutions engage their followers?
– How to build community through sporting events, research, and other campus news?
– Luis Casas, Florida International University
– Maureen Lloyd James, Johnson & Wales University
– Christine Casas, University of Miami
– Rosanna Fiske, Florida International University
Moderated by Matthew Chamberlin
Hope to see you there.